Subject: Protecting paintings

Protecting paintings

From: Ercole Gialdi <rgi.ge<-a>
Date: Friday, October 7, 2005
Barbara Summers <bsummers [at] lib__siu__ed> writes

>...  Our main
>concern is how to protect the paintings from insects and vermin
>(rodents) while being stored. Should we try to dust them before
>packing, and what should we use for dusting?

The painting and the books could be successfully preserved, against
any kind of parasite, by keeping them inside enclosures made by
means of gas proof plastic transparent film hermetically sealed.
>From the air inside the enclosures the oxygen must be sieved to
almost zero concentration. This not only will prevent parasites but
also will protect the the painted surface from oxidation of
pigments.

The journal collections could be vacuum packed under special
envelopes made by a, similar to above, plastic film; the residual
air will be sterilised, All this can be done by means of two RGI's
products: VELOXY and Conserver. Please get in touch with Hassan
Bolourchi <info<-a t->library< . >dust< . >com> of Library Dust Consulting

Please visit RGI's web site to get more information; you will find
there also the coordinates of Library Dust Consulting in USA Ercole
Gialdi

Ing. Ercole Gialdi
RGI Resource Group Integrator srl
Via Pellettier 3