Subject: Education

Education

From: Michael Hall <mike<-a>
Date: Friday, September 16, 2005
I have recently started working for a company in the UK that deals
with environmental monitoring and control--temperature, RH, lux
etc--and our customer base is mainly museums, art galleries,
universities, etc.  I am beginning to understand the products that I
am dealing with but need much more information and knowledge of
their application and what our customers needs are, i.e. the issues
museums face in conserving their items.  I have the book
Environmental Management by Mary Cassar to start me off but was
wondering if there are recommendations for papers, web sites or even
workshops or courses in the UK that may be open to me that will give
me a better understanding of the conservation field.  I do not have
a conservation background so will need to start with the basics and
work my way up.

Samantha Greatbatch
Meaco measurement and control solutions

               Distributed: Thursday, September 22, 2005