Subject: Hurricane Katrina

Hurricane Katrina

From: Christine Smith <consartpap<-a>
Date: Friday, September 16, 2005
Not all conservators who want to help may be able to leave their
business, family, or employer for the length of time that they would
like to contribute to the restoration effort.  I have offered
complete conservation treatments for 10 objects from 2 museums.  The
objects will be shipped to my lab once stabilized, enabling me to
work their treatment into my schedule.  The AIC office  told me that
its focus is triage and that what I can offer doesn't fit its
project, so  I asked another organization to forward my offer
directly to the 2 museums in question.

I encourage colleagues who want to help but cannot leave their
home/business to read the museum assessment updates posted on the
web (e.g. AAM or CoOL) and then find a conduit to offer their
post-triage services.

Christine Smith
Conservation of Art on Paper, Inc.
2805 Mount Vernon Avenue
Alexandria, Virginia 22301
USA

               Distributed: Thursday, September 22, 2005