Subject: Guild of Book Workers--Potomac chapter

Guild of Book Workers--Potomac chapter

From: Jana Dambrogio <jana.d'ambrogio<-a>
Date: Monday, September 12, 2005
The Guild of BookWorkers (GBW) is preparing for our 100th year
anniversary celebration and meeting which will take place in New
York City in 2006. The Guild has undertaken a project to compile a
history of bookbinding activities in the United States up to and
including the present. The Potomac Chapter of the Guild invites you
to attend our first two meetings this Fall where we shall address
our role in this project. The meetings will be held at the Folger
Shakespeare Library, 5:30 pm on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 and
Thursday, October 20, 2005.

At the first meeting there will be a small reception and a short
presentation about what information the Guild would like to collect.
We are looking for volunteers to document regional, local,
institutional, group and individual bookbinding activities. The GBW
archives questionnaire will be available for participants to fill
out. Please bring personal photographs or digital images of your
binderies, your laboratories with your colleagues, and your work, as
well as copies of any articles written about you.

For further information please contact

    Jana Dambrogio
    301-837-1509
    jana.dambrogio<-a t->nara< . >gov

The Folger Shakespeare Library is located at

    201 East Capitol Street SE
    Washington DC 20003

Their main phone number is 202-544-4600 and their
directions page is <URL:http://www.folger.edu/template.cfm?cid=292>

Jana L. Dambrogio
Conservator
National Archives and Records Administration
NWT-D  Room 1901
College Park, MD 20740
301-837-1509
Fax: 301-837-3615

               Distributed: Thursday, September 15, 2005