Subject: Detergent

Detergent

From: Stephanie West <west<-a>
Date: Thursday, September 8, 2005
I am from a living history museum that uses a mix of materials in
its interpretation. The items used in the kitchens range from
tinware, ceramic glass, bone handled flatware, wooden hair sieves
etc.  Due to the volume of daily washing ordering Triton or Dehypon
for these items is impractical and economically unfeasible. Does
anyone have recommendations for a grocery store brand of manual dish
detergent that is suitable for a variety of items. My concerns being
more for the wood and bone items. Note: the items are not soaked
when washed, however then again I cannot guarantee they aren't. Ajax
and Palmolive have a good pH, however I'm rather sure they're
anionic, and contain ethanol and sulfuric acid.

Stephanie West
Conservation Technician
Conner Prairie
13400 Allisonville Rd
Fishers IN 46038
317-776-6000 ext 100

               Distributed: Saturday, September 10, 2005