Subject: Syllabus web site

Syllabus web site

From: Sarah Lowengard <sarahl<-a>
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2005
Walter's comment to Whitney Baker's post ("Course Syllabi Sought,"
Instance 19:13) reminded me that yes, The Art Conservation Course
Syllabus Pages are long overdue for an update.  Therefore, I welcome
the receipt of information about art conservation courses -now
offered or offered in the past, courses you have taught or have
taken (I will track down permissions when necessary).  I have always
taken a very liberal view of what constitutes a "course syllabus"
for these pages: A course outline or precis is as acceptable as a
formal syllabus. I do not wish to limit contributions to courses
taught in the US, or in English. Please do feel free to send me
information in paper or electronic form, but I don't need both. My
addresses are below.

I am happy to coordinate this effort, but I would be very pleased to
have some co-coordinators. This is not because the job is so
burdensome, but rather because other people will have access to
different information and different people.  Participation would
require about 10-12 hours of work over 4 or 6 months. It seems to me
that this would be an excellent "service to the profession" task for
someone fairly new to the discipline.  Please contact me directly if
you can join me.

I plan to begin active collection of information about 15 November,
with the expectation that this round of updates to the Web Pages
will be completed in late March or early April, 2006.

Sarah Lowengard
PO Box 6611
New York, NY 10128

               Distributed: Saturday, September 10, 2005