Subject: Interpreting textile data

Interpreting textile data

From: John Nicholas Lupia <jlupia2<-a>
Date: Friday, August 26, 2005
I have a textile report on two linen specimens.  I am uncertain how
to read and interpret some of the data. I am hoping you might be
able to help.  I have the data on the number of threads/cm for both
specimens. I know Tex = gm/km.  But I cannot interpret the data as
given below:

    Specimen I
    Yarn number in Tex (Warp)       = 16,3  (Weft)  = 53,6
    English Yarn count Na (Warp)    = 10,1  (Weft)  = 3,1

    Specimen II
    Yarn number in Tex (Warp)       = 18  (Weft)    = 73,1
    English Yarn count Na (Warp)    = 9,2 (Weft)    = 2,3

Thanks for any help, information or suggestions.

John N. Lupia

                 Distributed: Friday, September 2, 2005