Subject: Preservation needs assessment consultant

Preservation needs assessment consultant

From: Barbara Lilley <blilley<-a>
Date: Monday, August 22, 2005
    author.

The New York State Library will be conducting a preservation needs
assessment. We plan to hire a consultant with library experience and
a background in needs assessment to aid in the planning process. The
consultant will be asked to:

    Establish procedures and methodology

    Implement workflow

    Set parameters (identify restrictions; refine priorities; advise
    if all items or a sample should be surveyed)

    Determine the amount of work the Library can expect to complete

    Define job duties of the job coordinator

    Determine how much staff and equipment are necessary (identify
    limiting conditions)

    Review the NYS Archives database (determine what, if any
    software modifications are necessary)

    Design a plan of action and a timetable

If you are interested in this project or know someone who would be
interested in this project, please let me know.  I am putting
together a list of potential consultants and need your help.

    Elizabeth C. Duncan
    Principal Librarian
    Technical Services and Systems
    New York State Library