Subject: Wood beetles

Wood beetles

From: Lori Arnold <woodbldg<-a>
Date: Monday, August 22, 2005
I have a client in Greece with a wood beetle problem in her house.
They are attacking the wood furniture and parts of the architectural
wood detailing. From the information I have received, I'm quite sure
it's either a lyctid or anobiid species--both are killed in the same
manner. Because my client only visits her home in Greece during the
summer, she needs a system that can deliver Vikane throughout the
downstairs while she is not there. I suggested a bombing system and
she agreed that that was what she had in mind. Can anyone recommend
a supplier in Europe that carries something like this? I can't point
her to anyone here in the States, because our VOC laws aren't the
same as those in the EU. Freezing and anoxia aren't really an
option, but I am open to suggestions for other treatments, as well.

Lori Arnold
President
Arnold Wood Conservation, LLC
1822 Fairmount Avenue