Subject: Secco ceiling painting

Secco ceiling painting

From: June Poticar-Dalisay <jpdalisay<-a>
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2005
The remains of an early 18th century ceiling painting needs to be
saved, as it is practically the only one in existence in my country.
This seco painting is in the San Agustin Church, the oldest church
in Manila, Philippines and was painted by a Spanish and an Italian
painter when the Philippines was still a colony of Spain. The
painting is severely deteriorated that even the lightest touch would
send flakes down the floor. No one in my country has the skill and
training to conserve this ceiling painting. Can anyone give me an
idea of how problems like this can and should be handled until funds
or financial support is found?

                Distributed: Wednesday, August 31, 2005