Subject: Educating museum visitors

Educating museum visitors

From: Dominique Rogers <do<-a>
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2005
Shelley Reisman Paine <shelley [at] srpaine__com> writes

>I have a client who wants to construct a display for the lobby of
>her museum that illustrates why visitors should not touch artwork.

I do not remember where I saw it (shame on me) but it was very
effective.  A panel had been made with samples of finishes: oil
paint, acrylics, gilding, that the ones I remember (but copper and
silver, textile or anything else one can think of). Half the panel
was covered with Perspex and half left naked with invitation to the
visitors to touch it.  It certainly showed the damage!  Hopefully it
made the visitors realize what touching does.

D. Rogers U.K

                Distributed: Wednesday, August 17, 2005