Subject: Position at Durham University

Position at Durham University

From: Liz Branigan <elizabeth.branigan<-a>
Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Assistant Conservator (Ref. 0898)
Archives and Special Collections
Conservation Unit
Durham University Library
Non-fixed term
UKP19,614-UKP22,113

The Library's Conservation Unit undertakes a wide range of work,
including the conservation of paper, parchment, books, maps and
exhibition work. The Unit is also responsible for the environmental
monitoring of the collections, repackaging and gives advice and
training on the handling and care of the collections. The Assistant
Conservator will work as part of a small team under the direction of
the Senior Conservator. Applicants should be qualified archive
conservators, with at least 3 years experience, preferably including
both paper conservation and binding, and will be self motivated and
enthusiastic with the ability to adapt skills to a wide variety of
work. Experience of supervising trainees would be useful.

Contact for informal enquiries:

    Liz Branigan
    Senior Conservator
    +44 191-334-2931
    elizabeth.branigan<-a t->durham< . >ac< . >uk

Further general information about the University's profile is
available at <URL:www.dur.ac.uk/Personnel/vacancies/Fdetails.pdf>

In the interests of efficiency, we request that you apply for this
vacancy using the online application form. If you prefer, we can
post an application pack to you, if you telephone our answering
service on +44 191 3346499

Closing date for applications: 1 August 2005

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 17, 2005