Subject: Funding strategies for conservators' jobs

Funding strategies for conservators' jobs

From: Jane Pudsey <jane.pudsey<-a>
Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Can anyone advise us on the pit-falls of setting up self-funding
posts, please? We are planning a new conservation space for our team
of part-time conservators covering several disciplines, and are
looking at how to make full use of this. We are therefore thinking
about using the other half of their time as self-funded
posts--paying them their usual wage and taking in work from outside
individuals/bodies through the Herbert's budgets. Any
advice/experience of similar arrangements either with conservation
or enquiry posts is welcome. The Herbert is an Arts, Media and
History Centre being created in the centre of Coventry, UK

Jane Pudsey
Senior Conservator
The Herbert
Coventry