Subject: Soot

Soot

From: Deborah Phillips <deborah.phillips<-a>
Date: Friday, July 15, 2005
Does anyone have knowledge of the best way to remove greasy soot
from art paper and printed cardboard--the sort of material that
games and toys are packaged in.  I am asking on behalf of Dr. Kevin
Page, geologist, whose collection of early Star Wars figures,
spacecraft etc. have been effected. We have tried chemical sponges
but don't want to go down the solvent/aqueous road if someone has a
better idea.  Many thanks

Deborah Phillips
Senior Archive Conservator

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 17, 2005