Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Carrie Duran <carried<-a>
Date: Monday, July 11, 2005
Dee Stubbs-Lee <dee.stubbs-lee [at] nbm-mnb__ca> writes

>... As our conservation/collections staff is
>very small, we also need a system that is very time-effective and
>user friendly.

While I can't comment on switching from one monitoring system to
another, I can tell you that we currently use 12 HOBO Dataloggers
(number H08-004-02) throughout our museum.  We purchased the
handheld shuttle which downloads the info "in the field" and then
you take the shuttle to your computer to compile the data.  It's
very easy to use and I believe you can "relaunch" each datalogger if
you need to move to another location at a later date.  Our
collections staff consists of a grand total of one person--me.  I
check the dataloggers once a week.  The process takes about an hour
from start to finish.  Their website is
<URL:http://www.onsetcomp.com/index.html>.  Hope this helps.

Carrie V. Duran
Collections Manager