Subject: Photographing black shiny objects

Photographing black shiny objects

From: Pierlucio Pellissier <pierlucio<-a>
Date: Sunday, July 10, 2005
Victor Reventlow <v.reventlow [at] worldnet__att__net> writes

>Can anyone please give me a some lighting, staging, arrangement,
>suggestions for photographing totally black small sculpted objects
>(argillite totem pole models).

As an alternative to the Clouddome, I ususally use some large
Tupperware (or similar) white plastic containers with a hole
appropriate to the lenses size.  The advantage due to the
inexpensive nature of the containers is that you can drill the hole
exactly at the location you need it.  The Clouddome having a polar
hole only allows you to shoot down vertically, excellent for jewels
for instance.

Pierlucio Pellissier
Arts and Architecture in Montreal

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 17, 2005