Subject: UV lamp

UV lamp

From: George Brock-Nannestad <pattac<-a>
Date: Saturday, July 9, 2005
Julia Ribbe <320081548374-0001 [at] t-online__de> writes

>For some time I have been doing research on fluorescence of
>conservation materials. ...
>... Now I am
>looking for information about this radiation source; specifically I
>need the lamp's spectrum/wavelength of excitation.

The thing that gives it away is the name Wood. Such a lamp would
have contained a quartz high pressure discharge lamp, giving out all
mercury (quicksilver) spectral lines, but the envelope made of
Wood's glass would virtually eliminate all others than the line 365
nm (3650 Angstrom units). The lines at 316 nm and 254 nm would be
very weakly represented. This type of lamp was manufactured by
several manufacturers. Wood's glass is also available as filter
glass from the major optical glass manufacturers (Schott, Corning,
etc.).

George Brock-Nannestad
Patent Tactics

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 17, 2005