Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Dee Stubbs-Lee <dee.stubbs-lee<-a>
Date: Monday, July 4, 2005
I am considering upgrading our environmental monitoring system for
the building housing our reserve collections. For the past decade or
more we have been using a combination of  recording
hygrothermographs and hand held hygrometer readings. I would be
interested in hearing from any mid sized museums who have been using
HOBO or other similar data logging systems who are willing to
comment on their experiences in making this switch. One concern that
we have is that we may consider moving to a new building at some
point, and we need a system that is either cost effective enough to
be considered an interim solution, or one that can be easily moved
and adapted to a new site. As our conservation/collections staff is
very small, we also need a system that is very time-effective and
user friendly.

Dee Stubbs-Lee
Conservator
The New Brunswick Museum