Subject: Pressure washer

Pressure washer

From: Amber Tarnowski <amber.tarnowski<-a>
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2005
Our growing institution and future museum site currently exhibits
macro objects like tanks outdoors on our "Heritage Trail" as well as
some outdoor sculpture (bronze) that will require annual maintenance
of basic light cleaning and removal of bird guano in between
contracts for more serious and interventive maintenance that has
been performed by professional contractors in the past.

I was hoping to find a sensitive low-pressure washer system like the
JOS. I saw it demonstrated in Canada at the Canadian Conservation
Institute years ago by Gary Zweerink of NP&D Building Group for
cleaning graffiti off concrete. I like the variable nozzles,
adjustable low pressure, the option of adding abrasives into the
water when necessary, and the system I saw had it's own truck and
water supply to make it a mobile unit (necessary for our situation).
I cannot find a supplier for this system nor can I reach NP&D. I am
having trouble finding this system now on the web, is it still
available or something like it? Suggestions?

Amber Tarnowski
Objects Conservator
US Army Heritage and Education Center
950 Soldiers Drive