Subject: Merger of Dutch conservator-restorer's associations

Merger of Dutch conservator-restorer's associations

From: Janine van Reekum <artreg<-a>
Date: Monday, June 27, 2005
In May 2005, we have been able to conclude years of planning: The
four main Dutch conservator-restorer's associations, IIC-NL (the
International Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic
Works, Dutch department), the TRON (Textiel Restauratoren Overleg
Nederland), VAR (Vereniging Restauratoren van Papier, Boeken en
Fotografisch Materiaal) and Veres (Belangenvereniging Restauratoren
Nederland) have voted in favour of their merger with a huge majority
of votes in their General Assemblies. The resulting new association
will officially be put in place July 1st, 2005 and will be named:
'Restauratoren Nederland'.

The new board, consisting of a number of the board members of the
old associations, will work to recruit the majority of restoring
Holland as full members in order to promote the professionalisation
of its members by constructing a system to oversee professional
quality, and to increase the professional, public and political
awareness of our cultural heritage.

For further information please check our new website which will be
online in July, 2005  <URL:http://www.restauratoren.nl>

On behalf of the steering committee,
Janine van Reekum

                  Distributed: Wednesday, July 6, 2005