Subject: Identifying file format

Identifying file format

From: Karen Potje <kpotje<-a>
Date: Monday, June 20, 2005
Has anyone developed a set of criteria by which to identify AutoCAD
plotter pen drawings?  I was recently looking at some very precise
pen and ink architectural drawings and wasn't sure whether they had
been done by hand or by a plotter.  That made me realise that many
of the architectural drawings from the '90s that I've simply
identified as pen and ink may actually have been generated by
AutoCAD.

    **** Moderator's comments: I haven't checked to see if it has an
    answer, but a good place to start is
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/graphics/fileformats-faq/

Karen potje
Head, Conservation/Preservation Department
Canadian Centre for Architecture

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 23, 2005