Subject: PVA emulsion

PVA emulsion

From: Peter Geraty <pgeraty<-a>
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2005
Andrew Hart <ashart [at] email__unc__edu> writes

>I'm very interested in ideas or experience anyone can share about
>unexpected change in PVA from a single supplier, brown film, unusual
>odor, or mold.

We have been purchasing our Jade 403 from a reputable company
(probably the same one as he) in NYC.  The batch we bought in
January of this year has developed a brown mold and has  a sickly
odor as well.  The batch we purchased in May of this year is fine so
far. We purchase the PVA in five gallon containers and then decant
it into gallon plastic jars which have been washed out with soap and
water prior to filling.

Peter Geraty
Praxis Bindery
1 Cottage St. Unit #18