Subject: Frida Kahlo and lipstick

Frida Kahlo and lipstick

From: Nora Lockshin <lockshinn<-a>
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2005
I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has treated, prepared for
exhibition, or performed research on works by Frida Kahlo with
lipstick media on any substrate. I have found a few citations on
lipstick as modern media (and as vandalism), but I am chiefly
concerned about lightfastness properties of lipstick that would be
desirable to retain. Analysis may be an option to determine the
properties of this particular lipstick (c. 1940), but any
suggestions, referrals and comments are welcome.

Nora Lockshin
Smithsonian Institution Archives and Center for Archives
    Conservation
301-238-1232
202-357-1421 x 30

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 15, 2005