Subject: Questionnaire on audiovisual collections

Questionnaire on audiovisual collections

From: Yola de Lusenet <ecpa<-a>
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2005
We would like to ask your cooperation for the TAPE-project (Training
for Audiovisual Preservation in Europe, supported by the Culture
2000 Programme of the EU). TAPE focuses on audiovisual collections,
more specifically sound and moving image collections kept by local
and municipal archives, museums, (research) libraries, research
institutes etc.

The five partners in TAPE are now working on a survey of problems
and priorities in audiovisual archives in Europe. The information
will be used for an accessible introduction to promote preservation
of audiovisual collections and for developing training activities.

We would highly appreciate your participation in the survey. To this
end the TAPE partners have developed a questionnaire on the
management of audiovisual collections. We realize that for many
organizations it may be difficult to provide information on all
aspects. We have divided the questionnaire into sections to
facilitate focusing on those sections most relevant for your
organization. We would encourage you to send in a response even if
the questionnaire can only partially be filled out. You may also
refer us to background documents that provide information on your
audiovisual collections, or other publications we should take into
account. Any comments, in whatever form, would be most welcome.

The questionnaire is available as a PDF file and web form in eight
languages (English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish,
Russian, Spanish) see
<URL:http://www.tape-online.net/questionnaire/> We would appreciate
receiving your response by 1 July 2005. Responses will be treated
confidentially and in the survey that will be published
organizations will not be named. All organizations that respond will
receive a printed copy of the final publication.

We sincerely hope you are willing to participate and would be most
grateful for your help. If you have further questions or
suggestions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

For more information on TAPE see <URL:http://www.tape-online.net>

Anne Muller
European Commission on Preservation and Access (ECPA)
PO Box 19121
NL-1000 GC  Amsterdam,
+31 20 551 08 39
Fax: +31 20 620 49 41