Subject: PARS Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group

PARS Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group

From: Werner Haun <whau<-a>
Date: Friday, June 10, 2005
Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group
Palmer House Hilton Hotel, Salon III
Saturday, June 25, 2005
9:30-11:00

We are pleased to announce that Meg Meiman, Reference and
Instruction Librarian at American University, will present
"Discarding the Past: A History of Book Jackets in Academic
Libraries".

In addition, as time permits, we would like to begin a general
discussion of preservation review selection criteria.  That is, how
do we select materials for conservation treatment and what do we
actually repair?  What are best uses of time and staff? How do we
track materials for reader accessibility? If this topic generates
enough interest, we would like this to make this a focus for a
future meeting.

We hope that you will join us for this exciting presentation and
lively discussion.

Please feel free to contact PQTDG Co-Chairs Oliver Cutshaw
<cutshaw<-a t->fas< . >harvard< . >edu> or Jay Hurd <jhurd<-a t->fas< . >harvard< . >edu> if you
would like to add an agenda item to this meeting.

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 15, 2005