Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Kathryn Hallett <kathryn.hallett<-a>
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2005
Textile Conservator
Conservation and Collections Care Department
Hampton Court Palace
(Maternity Leave cover - 6-12 month appointment)

As a result of maternity leave, we are now seeking to appoint a
textile conservator on a full-time, temporary basis, to help meet
the significant conservation challenge of preserving the collection
in its original setting for the foreseeable future.  The position
calls for an individual with proven conservation experience and a
strong understanding of conservation science, theory, principles and
ethics.

You will work as part of an energetic professional team on practical
conservation projects and exhibitions governed by very tight
deadlines.  We look to everyone in the team to play an active part
in building the department's reputation as a world-class textile
conservation service.

Good problem solving and communication skills are essential,
together with a well-organised and self-motivated approach.  This
would be an ideal appointment for someone who has recently completed
a formal qualification in textile conservation.

Reference:  S05/22
Closing date: 20 June 2005
Salary: UKP18,751 (pro rata)

To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to

    Sarah Levine
    HR Department
    Apartment 45
    Hampton Court Palace
    Surrey KT8 9AU.
recruitment<-a t->hrp< . >org< . >uk

Please note that interviews will take place week commencing 27 June
2005.

                  Distributed: Wednesday, June 8, 2005