Subject: Intellectual property and conservation

Intellectual property and conservation

From: Rebecca Bunch <rbunch<-a>
Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2005
I am looking for some references or clarification regarding issues
surrounding Canadian copyright and conservation.  Most of our
objects have been donated (often by the artist) or purchased by an
acquisitions committee and I am wondering if we need to contact the
artist, or their descendants directly in each case where
conservation is needed no matter how minor the treatment is. Do we
need to provide them with a treatment proposal? Is there some sort
of legal form needed? Is this even necessary?

Rebecca Bunch
Official Residences
National Capital Commission

                  Distributed: Saturday, June 4, 2005