Subject: Sleigh

Sleigh

From: Anne Stockmeyer <a.stockmeyer<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2005
I'm starting my dissertation in conservation, writing and working on
a child's sleigh. The most interesting parts are two imitation
materials (painted textile / leather-like), you can see them in the
photo at <URL:http://www.stockmeyer-restaurierungen.de>. Has anyone
ever seen materials like this? I'm looking for any equivalents
(maybe on carriages, cars, children toys (e.g. dolls carriages),
chairs, suitcases, etc.). When I have new information about the
materials and the sleigh, I will publish them on my website. But if
you know of artifacts like this, I would like to hear from you. Any
leads to conservation literature in this field or any indications
how to date the sleigh would be helpful, too.

Anne-Katrin Stockmeyer
Max-Fremery-Str. 12
50827 Cologne, Germany
+49 221 3674767