Subject: Source for rolled cotton sought

Source for rolled cotton sought

From: Alan Phenix <alan.phenix<-a>
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2005
>We are no longer able to purchase Johnson and Johnson Red Cross
>Rolled Cotton.  Does anyone have a good long chain cotton
>substitute?

The recent discussion on Cons Distlist about sources of cotton wool
in the United States reminds me that I should perhaps report back on
what arose from a similar query about suppliers of cotton wool in
the UK. Thanks are given to the various people who replied to that
posting direct and offered suggestions.

Two products seemed, now, to come out as the favourites amongst
conservators, in the absence of the Robinson Healthcare product
#20161 which is now no longer made:

    'Steraid', Zorbo Superfine Absorbent cotton wool,
    B.P Quality, 500g rolls, paper interleaved, from:

        Robert Bailey Healthcare
        Sales and Customer Service
        Unit 6
        Heapham Road Industrial Est.
        Gainsborough DN21 1RZ UK
        +44 1427 677559
        Fax: +44 1427 677654
        rbsales<-a t->cottonwool< . >uk< . >com
        <URL:http://www.cottonwool.uk.com/>

     'Vernaid' absorbent cotton,
     hospital quality, code 01515, 500g rolls, from:

        Vernon-Carus Ltd
        Penwortham Mills
        Preston
        Lancashire PR1 9SN
        UK
        +44 1772 744493
        Fax: +44 1772 748754
        <URL:http://www.vernon-carus.co.uk>

After comparing these two products, we decided that the Robert
Bailey Healthcare product was slightly better suited to our needs
and we have been using that for the last year or more. It does not
quite match the properties of the 'special stuff' that was the
Robinson Healthcare #20161 absorbent cotton.

                  Distributed: Saturday, May 14, 2005