Subject: Humidification chambers

Humidification chambers

From: Jerry Shiner <jshiner<-a>
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Pippa Cruickshank <pcruickshank [at] thebritishmuseum__ac__uk> writes

>We are looking to replace our walk-in humidification chamber for use
>in the treatment of organic materials. ...

Microclimate Technologies International created a similar cabinet
over 15 years ago for the Archives of Ontario. It consists of a
simple sealed chamber and an early model of the Microclimate
Generator (originally designed for humidity control in museum
display cases). The unit is still in use.

The new generation of microclimate control machines is capable of
creating and maintaining stable relative humidities up to 90% at a
wide range of temperatures. The new units have substantial capacity,
and could easily be used to control a 15 cubic meter enclosure.
Optional temperature control is also available.

The information about the units (MCG4-12 series) that is available
at <URL:http://www.microclimate.ca> is directed towards the
application of the units to display and storage, but I would be
happy to discuss the use of these devices in laboratory situations.

Jerry Shiner
Microclimate Technologies International

                  Distributed: Saturday, May 14, 2005