Conservation DistList Archives [Date] [Subject] [Author] [SEARCH]

Subject: Early 20th century paper repair

Early 20th century paper repair

From: Christine Smith <consartpap<-a>
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Is anyone familiar with the term "plaster" to describe mends or
fills to paper objects?  I have treatment reports from the first two
decades of the 20th century describing work done in the U.S.  I do
not know whether this was a word coincidentally chosen by the writer
or whether it represents either a generic or specific material or
technique.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has seen this
term and knows what it was describing.

Christine Smith
Conservation of Art on Paper, Inc.
2805 Mount Vernon Avenue
Alexandria, Virginia 22301

                  Conservation DistList Instance 18:51
                  Distributed: Tuesday, April 26, 2005
                       Message Id: cdl-18-51-037
Received on Tuesday, 26 April, 2005

[Search all CoOL documents]