Subject: Fellowships at UMCA Positions at UMCA Internships at UMCA

Fellowships at UMCA Positions at UMCA Internships at UMCA

From: Melinda Markell <umca<-a>
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Conservators
Associate Conservators
Assistant Conservators
Contract Project Conservators
Fellowships and Internships
    in all disciplines

Upper Midwest Conservation Association

Introductory Interviews
June 9-13, 2005 in Minneapolis

The Upper Midwest Conservation Association (UMCA), a nonprofit
regional laboratory established in 1977, cares for the Paintings,
Objects, Textiles and Paper from over 150 member museums, historical
societies, libraries and archives. A collegial staff of 11,
dedicated and highly skilled individuals collaborate with each other
and work closely with the curatorial staffs of large and small
institutions from the Midwest and beyond.

UMCA provides both In-House and Off-Site Conservation Treatments,
General Preservation and Object by Object Surveys, Consultations,
Long Term Preservation Planning, Disaster Recovery, Public
Presentations and other Assistance to our member organizations.

Located in Minneapolis, UMCA will be Opening its Newly Expanded
Laboratories in the Fall of 2005. In anticipation of increased
staffing in all disciplines we are holding Informal, Introductory
Interviews. These interviews with potential candidates for
employment will be held June 9th through 13th,  2005 in Minneapolis.

Interviews will be brief, informal opportunities for our review of
your experience, portfolios and aspirations.  If you would like to
schedule time with us during this period, please forward your
curriculum vitae and available dates and times via email to:

    Colin D. Turner
    Executive Director
    Upper Midwest Conservation Association
    colin_umca<-a t->qwest< . >net