Subject: Digitizing video

Digitizing video

From: Vivian Spoliansky <viviansp<-a>
Date: Monday, April 11, 2005
I am a student of the Kilgarlin Center for Preservation in UT
Austin. I am doing research for a paper on digitization of analog
video. I could find some literature on the topic, and projects that
are developed in large institutions like the Library of Congress. I
would like to get information about, or get in contact with,
institutions that are digitizing their analog videos to know how are
they conducting these projects. Sometimes small institutions have
different approaches due to budgetary issues, staff expertise,
infrastructure and so forth, so if small institutions would like to
share their experience with me I would appreciate it very much.

Vivian Spoliansky
Master Candidate of Library Science and Information Studies
The Kilgarlin Center for Preservation of the Cultural Record
School of Information
University of Texas at Austin

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 14, 2005