Subject: Conservation of sacred objects

Conservation of sacred objects

From: Alexander Eckert <aliwanda<-a>
Date: Sunday, April 10, 2005
Joanna McMann <archmuse [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am studying Conservation at Fleming College in Peterborough,
>Ontario. I am writing a paper on the considerations (including
>ethical) when faced with treating sacred objects and/or sacred
>writings. I have read the archived thread re: Jack Thomson's
>experience with the Torah scrolls, which is actually the inspiration
>for my paper. My focus will be on Jewish sacred writings, but I
>would like to hear from others in the field who have encountered
>sacred objects/writings in the course of their work ...

At the University of Applied Sciences in Cologne, Britta Rudolf
wrote her thesis about questions related to the conservation of
sacred objects. It might be possible to ask for a copy of this
thesis (write to Mrs. Christian, sekretariat<-a t->re< . >fh-koeln< . >de )

Later Britta Rudolf went to ICCROM in Rome and was involved in the
organisation of the conference "Living Religious Heritage". It might
be interesting for you to contact her. I am not sure if she is still
using her old email-address: b.rudolf<-a t->web< . >de. If this address does
not work anymore, please contact me.

Alexander Eckert

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 14, 2005