Subject: Watts Towers

Watts Towers

From: Michael McHugh <mmchugh<-a>
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2005
N.J. Bud Goldstone <budgoldstone [at] yahoo__com> writes

>National Historic Landmark that we can't stop from cracking after 50
>years! All else is failing. Want to add your guess?
>
>We are in search of revolutionary materials "Eurekeum" or
>"Miraculum" or by any other name, so please respond if you know
>where some is available and how to apply it to the Watts Towers!

I like your approach which seems to be equal parts "desperation" and
"by any means necessary". I'll throw my hat in the ring and suggest
a concrete product by LaFarge that might be investigated. It is
called Ductal and it is a high strength, ductile concrete mix that
might work for the Watts restoration. See

    <URL:http://www.lafarge.com/cgi-bin/
        lafcom/jsp/content.do?function=ce_focus&lang=en&
        partenaire=http://www.google.com/search?
        hl=en$lr=$ie=ISO-8859-1$safe=off$q=ductal+lafarge>

for more information and run it by your structural engineers, see

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Michael McHugh, AIA
LEED Accredited Professional