Subject: Administrivia

Administrivia

From: Walter Henry <consdist-request<-a>
Date: Sunday, April 3, 2005
I am still getting way too many time-critical posts submitted too
close to their deadline dates. You absolutely *must* give me at
least 3 weeks lead time, or your post will *not* go out. I plan to
make no further exceptions to this rule.

A reminder of what I wrote in Conservation DistList Instance: 18:10
Thursday, August 5, 2004:

    If you post an item that is time critical (e.g. a job posting
    with a deadline), you *must* get it to consdist [at]
    lindy__stanford__edu with adequate lead time. I have been
    getting a spate of items sent at the last moment and these cause
    problems for me because I feel obligated to get them out
    quickly, pushing other postings back in the queue.

    This situation will no longer be tolerated. If you have an job
    or other announcement with a deadline, you must submit it at
    least three weeks in advance; items received after that cutoff
    will be rejected without notice.

                   Distributed: Sunday, April 3, 2005