Subject: Source for fabric sought

Source for fabric sought

From: Hans Out <hebden<-a>
Date: Monday, March 14, 2005
Sue Warren <swarren [at] technomuses__ca> writes

>I am conserving a swell-body sleigh from the 1880's, and am looking
>for a supplier for reproduction plush fabric.  Most of the dark red
>plush fabric is intact, however the seat cushion has unfortunately
>been lost. Does anyone know where this type of fabric can be
>purchased?

This fabric is probably a Moquette or Velours d'Utrecht, at least
that is what we find on most vehicles from this period we
restore/conserve . The problem is finding an exact color match. Also
find out if it has a wool or a mohair pile.

For wool pile the following firm can supply off-the-shelf in two red
colors, red and mulberry. go to
<URL:http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/Materials.html>. We have used
this material on several vehicles with good result. It can be seen
on a Barouche-trille from 1888 at
<URL:http://www.bruvikvogn.no/Restore/restore.htm>

Hans Out
Bruvik Vognfabrikk AS