Subject: Covers for display cases

Covers for display cases

From: Sharon Connell <s.a.connell<-a>
Date: Thursday, March 10, 2005
We want to make some covers for display cases that will contain
books, paper and photographs. The preference is for a green fabric.
I have found a coloured blackout fabric treated with a fire
retardant.  Given that the cases are well sealed, should I be
concerned about off-gassing?

Are there any inert alternatives? We thought about Tyvek but the
stuff we have does not cut out light completely.

Sharon Connell
Conservation Officer
Brotherton Library
University of Leeds