Subject: Maori feather cloak

Maori feather cloak

From: Karel Kaio <karaua<-a>
Date: Thursday, March 10, 2005
I am a 2nd year student on the Conservation of Cultural Materials
course at The University of Melbourne, Australia. I'm a Maori woman
here from New Zealand and have just started research into the
re-contextualisation of a Maori feather cloak held in one of the
university collections. Does anybody have any info that might be of
help: Conservation of feathers on Maori cloaks, analysis of feathers
and substrates used to create Maori cloaks, comparative studies,
provenance research etc.?

                  Distributed: Monday, March 14, 2005