Subject: Decorative painted surfaces on metal

Decorative painted surfaces on metal

From: Cynthia Jane Gorman <lu_who<-a>
Date: Saturday, February 19, 2005
I am a MA student of Metals Conservation working on my dissertation.
I just started to carry out a study of painted metal surfaces. My
practical work will be done on a brass Pugin chandelier that still
has its original decorative paint however the metal is corroded.  I
would like to conserve the paint but stabilize the corrosion. So, my
searching starts for information. I am looking for and would greatly
appreciate any insights, leads to references, articles, books, and
contacts about conservation solutions and techniques used for
objects with paint on metal.

Cindy Gorman
West Dean College
Department of Conservation and restoration of fine metalwork
Chichester
West Sussex PO18 0QZ
England

                 Distributed: Monday, February 28, 2005