Subject: pH meter and electrodes

pH meter and electrodes

From: Liz Bowerman <liz.bowerman<-a>
Date: Monday, February 21, 2005
Celia Withycombe <crw1001 [at] cam__ac__uk> writes

>We are hoping to purchase a replacement pH meter and electrode for
>measuring the pH of paper. Has anyone bought one recently and if so
>would you recommend it?

You could try a firm that is local to you

    CamLab Ltd.
    Norman Way Industrial Estate
    Over Cambridge CB4 5WE
    +44 1954 233100

They stock a wide range of electrodes and meters, and were very
helpful when I had to buy a flat head electrode and meter for
testing the pH of paper, 5 years ago. The unit I purchased was
accurate and a small size, and I liked the digital read out.
Calibration procedure was a bit confusing, however as they are a
company that is near you perhaps you could get them to go through
the procedure with you, rather than following the manual.

Liz Bowerman
CyMAL
Unit 10, Science Park
Aberystwyth SY23 3AH