Subject: Nicholas Hadgraft Scholarship

Nicholas Hadgraft Scholarship

From: Stuart Welch <stuart.welch<-a>
Date: Thursday, February 24, 2005
Nicholas Hadgraft Scholarship
for the Montefiascone Conservation Project

In remembrance of my dear friend Dr Nicholas Hadgraft who died on
July 4th 2004 I have decided to offer an annual Conservation By
Design "Nicholas Hadgraft Scholarship" The scholarship will be an
award of UKP1000 towards the cost of attending the Montefiascone
Book Conservation Summer School held each year in the Medieval Hill
Town of Montefiascone. Located between Rome and Siena and situated
next to lake Bolsena and close to the beautiful Etruscan City of
Orvieta. Nicholas was a regular tutor at Montefiascone from its
beginnings and took great pleasure imparting his knowledge and
sharing his love of books and bookbinding with like minded
individuals.

The Montefiascone school takes place every year during the last week
in July and the first three weeks in August. There are four separate
courses given by different tutors and the scholarship can be used
towards the cost of attending one or all four weeks. The
Montefiascone project and summer school was founded by Cheryl Porter
who teaches the first weeks course on pigments.

The courses coincide with the towns wine festival which offers a
wonderful atmosphere for social interaction alongside study and
gaining new skills. I hope that this scholarship will be a fitting
tribute and allow the worthy recipient to share what Nicholas
enjoyed so much about Montefiascone.

Further details can be found at <URL:http://www.monteproject.com>

To apply please download an application form from

    <URL:http://www.conservation-by-design.co.uk/
        pdf/application_form.pdf>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.