Subject: Mounting adhesive

Mounting adhesive

From: Ian Marsh <ian<-a>
Date: Monday, February 14, 2005
Robert Ellis Wynne-Jones <recordoffice [at] cheshire__gov__uk>
writes

>Scotch 3M Positional Mounting Adhesive is a double sided, pressure
>sensitive adhesive film, supplied on a roll. Our Technician uses it
>for the speedy mounting of labels and signs, for which it is
>extremely useful. We seem to be having trouble sourcing this
>product, our usual supplier is no longer stocking it. Does anyone
>know whether it has been discontinued? If so, can anyone suggest a
>suitable alternative? and a supplier in the UK?
>
>Sharon Oldale, Conservator

This material sounds like a cold mounting film, I suggest you
contact Lion Framing Supplies for advice and a sample:

    Lion Framing Supplies
    148 garrison Street
    Heartlands
    Birmingham B9 4BN
    UK
    +44 121 773 1230
    Fax: +44 121 771 2540

Ian Marsh
Travelling Light Archival Mounting and Framing

                 Distributed: Friday, February 18, 2005