Subject: Jute

Jute

From: Will Jeffers <wjeffers<-a>
Date: Friday, February 11, 2005
Slim Khosrof <labo.inp [at] gnet__tn> writes

>Could someone from the list familiar with jute fiber provide me with
>information on physical properties, form of degradation. etc.
>Elements of recognition under microscope and digital micrography
>will help a lot.

The following link will take you to the Conservation and Art
Material Encyclopedia Online (CAMEO) entry for jute:

    <URL:http://www.mfa.org/_cameo/frontend/
        material_description.asp?name=jute&language=1
        &MaterialName=jute&Synonyms=&Description=&Composition=
        &CAS=&MohsHardness=&MolecularWeight=&Density=&RefrIndex=
        &MeltingPoint=&BoilingPoint=&OtherProperties=&Safety=
        &Authority=&Reference=&Image=&Page=1&NumPerPage=&Browse=0>

If you click on the image tab, you can view a photomicrograph of a
jute fiber.

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Will Jeffers
Collections Care Scientific Research Assistant
Scientific Research Laboratory
Museum of Fine Arts
465 Huntington Avenue
Boston MA 02115