Subject: Paint

Paint

From: John Gayer <john.gayer<-a>
Date: Saturday, February 5, 2005
I have two questions that come from researching the materials of
Ahti Lavonen (1928-1970) recorded in studio and family photographs
from the mid-1960s.

Would anyone happen to know when Royal Talens introduced acrylic
paint in tubes? I have not been able to get a response from the
company.

Also, is anyone familiar with the finishing/filler compound Comus
PATE IDEALE that continues to be produced in France?  Company
sources describe the binder's composition as synthetic resins.  If
anyone has any more precise information or knows of research that
has been done on the product, please let me know.

John Gayer

                Distributed: Thursday, February 10, 2005