Subject: Consolidating wood in vacuum chamber

Consolidating wood in vacuum chamber

From: Vojislav Lukovic <voj<-a>
Date: Monday, January 24, 2005
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

I am working on a wooden object  (25cm x 50cm x 10cm), badly damaged
by woodworms. I am going to consolidate it using solution of
Paraloid B72 in toluene. My intention is to improve penetration of
solution using air pressure (vacuum, underpressure, superpresure,
etc.). I ask for more information about it; If you have any
experience in that matter, or know some literature about it, please
let me know.

Vojislav Lukovic
art conservator-restorer

                 Distributed: Sunday, January 30, 2005