Subject: Guidelines for internships

Guidelines for internships

From: Nestor Barrio <nbarrio<-a>
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2005
I'm looking for advice and guidelines in order to accept internships
in Taller Tarea, a very well equipped workshop (one of the most
important in our region) dedicated to the conservation of paintings
and polychromed sculpture, located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The project is a continuation of the Fundacion Tarea (1987-1997),
one of the main programs of the Fundacion Antorchas, dedicated to
the Conservation and Scientific Investigation of Colonial Paintings.

The workshop is now a new related program of the Universidad
Nacional de General San Martin (UNSAM), with the advice of the
Academia Nacional de Bellas Artes, and in association with important
science institutions like:  Comision Nacional de Energia At0mica,
Instituto de Fisica Jorge Sabato, Instituto de Biotecnologia,
between others.

The profession of conservator in Argentina is not so widely extended
as in USA or Europe. In fact, we are in the first steps. I would
appreciate all your help and advice in this difficult task.

Prof. Nestor Barrio
Director TAREA-UNSAM
B. Quinquela Martin 1784
Buenos Aires, Argentina