Subject: Publication on conservation of cyanotypes

Publication on conservation of cyanotypes

From: Douglas W. Nishimura <dwnpph<-a>
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2005
For the book and paper people who went to Mike Ware's talk on
cyanotypes in Miami a few years ago, he recently sent me an
announcement that he has updated his web site. I noticed on the home
page that he has an article, "A Blueprint for Conserving Cyanotypes"
available from his web site. This may be of particular interest to
those who haven't managed to get a copy of his Cyanotype book.

His summary (copyright, Mike Ware 1996-2004) of the article says,

   "The chemical vulnerability of cyanotypes is threefold: to light
    fading, alkaline hydrolysis, and aqueous peptization. The
    mechanisms of these degradative pathways are explored and
    experimentally quantified, and remedies are suggested for each."

The site is <URL:http://www.mikeware.co.uk> or you can be redirected
there via:
<URL:http://www.mikeware.demon.co.uk>

Douglas Nishimura