Subject: Position at the National Trust

Position at the National Trust

From: Sarah Staniforth <sarah.staniforth<-a>
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Head Conservator
National Trust
Swindon, Wiltshire
UKP35,000-UKP45,000

The National Trust believes passionately in conserving the historic
interest and natural beauty of our environment, whilst encouraging
ever more people to enjoy and learn about it.  We are looking for a
successor to our current head conservator to lead our team of
conservators who provide the trust with expertise in preventive and
remedial conservation of collections and historic interiors as part
of an integrated historic properties team.

Working closely with the historic properties director (to whom you
will report) and the other historic properties section heads, you
will ensure that our strategy for enabling sustainable access is
reflected seamlessly in your team's service to our operational staff
managing the many properties in the trust's care.

Your abilities will be wide-ranging.  We need a rare combination of
the highest conservation, communication, leadership and management
skills. You will have extensive expertise in a relevant conservation
specialty, with an established reputation in the profession.

Please find full details and apply online at
<URL:http://www.ntjobs.org.uk>. Alternatively, to request an
application form, you can email:
recruitmentenquiries<-a t->nationaltrust< . >org< . >uk or send an A4 SAE (60p) to

    The National Trust
    HRSC Reference CT0105
    Rowan, Kembrey Park
    Swindon SN2 8YL