Subject: Collections care contractors for works on paper

Collections care contractors for works on paper

From: Roy Perkinson <rperkinson<-a>
Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2005
    author.

We at the Paper Conservation Lab at the Museum of Fine Arts are
updating our list of potential contractors whom we might contact
regarding work on occasional projects. At the moment, we are
especially interested to know of individuals with relevant
collections care experience who would be able to carry out condition
reports on works of art on paper (such as drawings, prints,
photographs, watercolors, etc.) specifically in conjunction with
exhibitions. Typically this work involves close examination of the
art works, often on work tables in the context of a gallery, and
requires an ability to record in writing (and with appropriate
diagrams when appropriate) the most important aspects of the
condition of a picture, and to do so concisely and clearly. An
ability to work well under pressure of time and with a variety of
people is also important.

If you are interested in having your name added to our list, we
would like to know about you in the event that a project would
require contract help of this kind. A brief letter and description
of your background and relevant experience is all that is necessary
at this time. Please mail this information to

    Roy Perkinson
    Paper Conservation Laboratory
    Museum of Fine Arts
    465 Huntington Avenue